(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As Account Manager, Portfolio Management, Major Accounts you will help serve, prospect for, solicit, develop and maintain business relationships with members and clients. The Major Accounts team handles Desjardins members with revenues of between $50 million to $1 billion, who have financing needs of $10 million to $100 million. You will be responsible for financial reviews, for monitoring commitments and controlling operating credits.Your role consists in assessing highly complex financing files, particularly merger and acquisition transactions. You will formulate recommendations describing the financing and follow-up conditions, and the guarantees required in the framework of sound and prudent management, working closely with the Director, Major Accounts in charge of said files. You will drive results by actively helping your unit achieve its sales and business development objectives.You are responsible for accounts with considerable development potential for your sector or the organization. You work with clients with complex, diverse needs. The ability to communicate effectively and thoroughly understand clients’ expressed needs is therefore essential. Your complex work and initiatives require extensive knowledge of the organization and your line of business.You lead and serve as specialist and resource person for clients and practitioners. You represent Desjardins and enter the organization into important agreements with clients. You also have leeway and many opportunities to establish and negotiate product and service terms. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
More specifically, you will serve as a portfolio manager in the Major Accounts team. You will assess highly complex financing files, particularly merger and acquisition transactions. You will formulate recommendations describing the financing and follow-up conditions, and the guarantees required in the framework of sound and prudent management, working closely with the Director, Major Accounts in charge of said files. You will also be responsible for financial reviews, for monitoring commitments and for controlling operating credits.
- Ensure management of the portfolio by monitoring and following up on files under your responsibility (working with the account manager) between Desjardins Business and members and clients.
- Assess highly complex financing files, particularly merger and acquisition transactions.
- Recommend an optimal financing structure, describing the financing and follow-up conditions, the commitments and the guarantees required in the framework of sound and prudent management, working closely with the account managers in charge of these files.
- Communicate the analysis results and recommendations to account managers and propose other solutions, if necessary.
- Analyze and review highly complex financing files in collaboration with Desjardins Business Centre account managers. Perform activities associated with operating credit control for all files under your responsibility.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services.
- When necessary, perform internal control and operational risk follow-ups within the Desjardins Business Centre.
Other working conditions
- Position level: N9 or N10 depending on experience
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience, including five years of experience in corporate finance as an analyst or account manager
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Excellent skills in financial analysis
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation measures in financing files
- Knowledge of financing products and services (lines of credit, asset-based financing, term loans, cash flow loans, subordinated loans, venture capital)
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of business financing
- Solid knowledge of Excel and Moody’s (an asset)
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in spoken English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)