(Work place: Gatineau)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
DC-1The incumbent is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed primarily of very small organizations operating in the commercial sector with a view to promoting and selling products and services in order to grow the centre’s business. He or she uses his/her technical business knowledge and solid grasp of applicable procedures, standards and guidelines to represent, negotiate and engage companies as part of agreements with limited impact on the business centre. He or she also ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and member, client and partner satisfaction.
Desjardins Business Centres are business units formed by caisses operating in the same market. They are made up of business financial services experts who work to meet their clientele's specific needs.
Desjardins Business–Outaouais, located in Gatineau, serves over 2,000 active borrowing members from 9 participating caisses. The members’ main areas of activity include the service industry, construction, new economy (tech), forestry, food services, real estate and manufacturing. The centre’s business volume is $2.9 billion, including a business financing portfolio of $2.1 billion. Its market has strong business development potential and stands out for its proximity to Canada’s national capital. The business centre has 51 employees, including 6 executives, working in a non-unionized environment. It is unique in that it serves a highly-concentrated urban area, but also a vast territory with a diverse, multi-segment clientele in the regions of Haute-Gatineau, Petite Nation and Pontiac.
- Initiate, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell the products and services offered by Desjardins.
- Act as an account manager by serving as a key intermediary between the business centre and members and clients. Ensure proper usage and updating of, as well as satisfaction with the products and services offered. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend potential solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop personalized solutions and prepare an integrated service offering. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions for achieving objectives by the business centre such as increased business volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and stronger business relationships.
- Use intelligence to identify opportunities for business development that will increase the competitiveness of the products and services offered.
- Execute various promotional activities as part of the centre's business operations. Participate in targeted public relations activities and participate actively in the business community.
- Be attentive to client and member needs to ensure their full satisfaction, seize business opportunities and, as needed, refer them to the right person to meet their needs.
- Adhere to all policies, practices and standards in effect, as well as the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services. Provide sound and prudent risk management for all portfolios under their responsibility.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor of Finance (required)
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of the latest financial, economic, policy and legislative developments
- Ability to perform analyses of the market and the business centre external environment
- Ability to perform financial analysis
- Knowledge of the characteristics and credit risk inherent to the major commercial, industrial and institutional markets
- Knowledge of loan and guarantee contracts
- Knowledge of products and services for businesses and those offered by caisses, components and Desjardins distribution networks and those of the competition
- Knowledge of financing and credit management practices related to businesses
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards governing the products and services offered by the business centre
- Knowledge of business credit authorization, monitoring, collection and recovery practices
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes
- Understanding of the referral process
- Familiarity with government business assistance programs
- Networking skills
- Strong sales skills
- Knowledge of service standards
- Understanding of cooperative and cooperative network values, rules and operations
- Proficient in advanced English and French (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
880, boul. de la Carrière Gatineau
Member/client sales and service (FG)