(Work place: Longueuil)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As Advisor, Business Development, you are responsible for developing and maintaining lasting business relationships characterized by trust with members and clients so as to ensure they are satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer advice that is tailored to their financial situation, and coach them on selecting appropriate solutions that help them achieve their financial goals. You are responsible for a high net worth clientele comprising individual members and business leaders with whom you establish preferred relationships. As such, you must have highly developed interpersonal skills.You develop strategies and propose offerings in the areas of investment, financing and protection, drawing on your results focus. You act as an expert and resource for savings and investment. Because of your expertise, you can ensure cohesiveness between member and client satisfaction, business objectives, and sound, prudent management of risks and profitability. You maintain collaborations with a variety of partners and experts so as to propose integrated strategies in response to members’ and clients’ needs.
Scheduled service interruption : We will be performing maintenance on the Desjardins online recruitment tool from 12:01 a.m. on December 7 to 7:00 a.m. on December 9. During this time, you won’t be able to apply for this position. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Caisse Desjardins Pierre-Boucher is located in Longueuil and is the largest caisse on Montreal’s south shore, serving more than 40,000 members. The Caisse has a business volume of over $2.6 billion and assets of $1.2 billion. The caisse stands apart for our market’s strong business development potential and our drive to maintain our position as the leading financial institution within our territory. The caisse employs nearly 90 people at 3 service centres and offers a dynamic work environment for candidates looking to advance their career. It has a talented and diverse management committee that supports the caisse in our work to meet strategic challenges.
As Caisse Desjardins Pierre-Boucher is a high-potential market, this is a key position in detecting and exploring opportunities and, more specifically, for penetrating the financing market by deploying profitable, competitive service offerings. As a generalist expert, you participate actively in business development, in collaboration with the Market Development Manager. You work on prospecting, solicitations and repatriation of mortgages for current and future clients who do not have mortgage financing with Desjardins.
As a recognized partner and an employer of choice, Caisse Desjardins Pierre-Boucher is known for providing quality customer service and ensuring the financial well-being of our members. Our management team is convinced that an enjoyable work environment where human capital is placed at the fore fosters values that allow for innovation, strong results, team work, efficiency and thoroughness.
In this vein, Caisse Pierre-Boucher wants to continue to develop its business in its high-potential territory. The Market Development team is seeking a dynamic and expert candidate who can help it enrich its service offering.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies, and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on financial news, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in various promotional activities and ensure the caisse’s presence in the community.
- Contribute to business development objectives by prospecting in the Caisse’s territory, identifying new business opportunities, and engaging in solicitation. Prospecting and solicitation correspond to approximately 40% of the Business Development Advisor’s role (about 15 hours a week).
- Provide expertise leadership in their area (30% of the role) and coach colleagues (30% of the role).
- Handle mortgage repatriation and develop new business from target clients with potential financing needs.
- Work closely with the Market Development Manager to seek out and explore business opportunities with a view to driving significant market share growth for the caisse.
- Carry out promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in targeted public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community, by participating in conferences and through representation.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop client-specific solutions and recommend better financing strategies. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Stand in for colleagues with members in order to ensure client service continuity.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives, such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relationships.
- Watch for business development opportunities that would add a competitive edge to existing products and services.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards, and comply with the laws that govern distribution of financial products and services.
Other working conditions
- Work place: You can be based at either of two locations in Longueuil, Québec: 2401 boul. Roland-Therrien or 3253 chemin de Chambly
- Schedule: 35 hours, Monday to Friday. You must be available to work Saturdays when necessary
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Mutual fund representative certification
- For vacant positions available in Québec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Understanding of the analysis of the individual market, business leaders and the caisse’s external environment
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial, and succession issues for individuals, businesses and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services intended for Caisse members, including those offered by Desjardins Business centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, as well as those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management principles
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and operations of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Persuades
2401, Rolland Therrien Longueuil
Member/client sales and service (FG)