(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a securities advisor, you help serve, prospect for, solicit, and develop and maintain business relationships with members and clients. You help sell securities products and services through various distribution channels based on member/client needs and current strategies and practices. Your focus areas include discretionary management, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and structured products. You actively develop and maintain business relationships with your clients. You drive results to handle complex information requests from clients and promote and sell products and services in accordance with your unit’s business objectives and strategies. You balance sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, profitability and member/client satisfaction. You work with clients who have development potential for your sector. You analyze member/client needs, help develop and implement personalized solutions, and propose integrated service offers. You advise and assist current and potential members and clients. You represent Desjardins and enter the organization into agreements with clients. You also have opportunities to establish and negotiate product and service terms in accordance with standards and procedures. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Process buy and sell orders for stocks, bonds, options and other financial instruments in Canadian dollars and foreign currencies in accordance with client instructions provided over the phone or electronically
- Ensure that all purchase and sale transactions comply with credit standards and report any issues
- Inform clients of trading policies and procedures
- Confirm client identities and verify the accuracy of the information collected
- Resolve client account management issues
- Monitor the industry to stay on top of the latest trends, opportunities and best practices in your field.
Other working conditions
- Schedule: Variable – 9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm or 11am to 7pm
- Number of jobs available : 3
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Three year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
2600, boulevard Laurier
Member/client sales and service (FG)