Relevant to the Director, Communications, person planned, developed and implemented by a range of bilingual communications activities for the Navigator, the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Research Facility. These activities are intended to better understand the browser, increase web site traffic and deepen the relationship with the listener. The person with a dedicated team, including the Senior Stakeholder Relations Officer, Marketing and Analytics Specialist and other CFI users for the browser to be activated. We are here to help you find your way around the world. She is a member of the Communication and External Relations team.
- About the content and will be used in various channels.
- Conduct targeted social media activities to establish key accounts and increase participation in the Navigator.
- Collaborate with colleagues in external relations and related print and multimedia products for use in a variety of traditional and digital media.
- Conduct research and interview researchers Connect with browsers to write fascinating testimonials, case studies, and success stories about the benefits that the Navigator makes possible.
- Participate in CFI outreach to industries and businesses, government and various stakeholders.
- Synthesize and keep interesting content Navigator for integrating speech, PowerPoint presentations and other products for external audiences.
- Identify leading journalists covering the business, research, innovation and post-secondary sectors in Canada to share story ideas to improve browser coverage.
- Promote the browser to stakeholders.
- Representing the Navigator and the FCI notes in conference and activities of a business.
- In collaboration with the marketer and analytics specialist, analyzer and report report on a range of metrics that web traffic and social media participation for efficiency at the browser.
- Respond to public offerings and media on the browser and recommend the process to the Director, Communications, Senior Stakeholder Relations Officer, and CFI Spokesperson as needed.
- Formulate recommendations on new tools and communication strategies, as needed, to the standards of the social media industry.
- Participate in the annual planning of media and social media, communications and public affairs strategies.
- Provide additional support to the Navigator team as needed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent ability to speak English and French both orally and in writing, and to work in a bilingual environment.
- At least 3 to 5 years of advanced experience in a similar position.
- Excellent skills for conducting research and interviews. Have a keen sense of the media.
- Knowledge and understanding of research, innovation and business trends in Canada, and how communications and social media can benefit from these trends.
- In-depth knowledge and experience ofplatforms, trends and social media technologies, including paid campaigns and measures of success.
- Diploma in Communication, Marketing or equivalent, with acceptable acceptable post-secondary education, or an acceptable combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to work in an autonomous supervision team, under minimal supervision.
- Safe judgment and discretion necessary to deal with the public and the media.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in emergency situations.
- This position is full time. This is a two-year contract.
- The work is done at the head office of the FCI. Occasional trips.
Compensation will be based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits, including health insurance and vacation days, will be available in the employment contract.
This is a full-time position, headquartered.
Please send your resume and cover letter no later than Sunday, June 2, 2019 at the end of the day, :
Eric DesjardinsHuman Resources ManagerCanada Innovation Foundation 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1100Ottawa ON K1P 6L5Email:
We thank all those who submitted their application for employment. However, we only communicate with those invited to an interview.
The CFI applies the principle of employment equity, standard policy and accessibility for services to Ontario clients, and the principles of fairness in employment. two official languages.
Please visit our website at Innovation.ca to learn more about the CFI.