(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05You will support the manager in the administrative, operational and financial management of the branch and in carrying out assigned projects and mandates. You will act as a subject matter expert and resource person for the branch’s administrative employees and may be asked to supervise, coordinate and/or coach employees.
- Help the branch manager in all administrative activities, including those related to compliance, budget monitoring and managing administrative employees.
- Act as a resource person for all employees with regard to policies, procedures and work methods, as well as for operational and relationship problem-solving.
- Interact with the appropriate support services on a daily basis in order to solve day-to-day operational problems.
- Oversee the process of depositing cheques issued by clients and carry out a number of complex operational tasks, such as coordinating the management of interest on new issues.
- Proactively participate in recruiting and hiring the branch’s administrative employees. Organize logistics around arrivals and departures at the branch.
- Train administrative employees with a focus on versatility and maintaining knowledge.
- Actively participate in adhering to compliance standards, particularly with regard to follow-up of employees’ regulatory registrations.
- Work with the head office when implementing initiatives related to branch administration and coordinate various activities, such as rolling out new products, operational policies and procedures, and implementing new systems.
- Act as an assistant for a team of investment advisors and support the team in administrative, customer service and business development activities when necessary.
- Participate in various working groups and projects related to branch activities.
Other working conditions
- Schedule: 8h30 to 16h30 or 9h to 17h, for a total of 35 hours per week
- Number of job available: 11
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
1, Place Ville-Marie Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)