BREAKFAST CLUB OF CANADA IS LOOKING FOR ALLIES
For 24 years, Breakfast Club of Canada has been nourishing children’s potential by making sure as many of them as possible have access to a healthy morning meal before school in an environment that allows their self-esteem to grow and flourish. The Club is much more than a breakfast program: we take a broader approach that promotes the core values of engagement, enrichment and empowerment, and we team up with communities and local partners to develop solutions adapted to the specific needs of each program.
Breakfast Club of Canada brings together hundreds of thousands of children and volunteers who connect every morning over breakfast. Thanks to its 24 years of experience, the Club has developed a robust network of national brand partners as well as a roster of inﬂuencers. Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for candidates who are ready to engage and innovate in all areas of their fields of expertise.
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Reporting to the Development Director, the Account manager will be in charge of building and strengthening major business partnerships and will work closely with the marketing and communications teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning out their tasks, achieving established goals and organizing their workflow, as well as liaising with partners so as to foster long-term, win-win relationships. To succeed, they will need creativity, a nuanced understanding of corporate social responsibility matters, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Work with the Director to formulate a targeted development strategy;
· Actively seek out and cultivate new partnerships;
· Form and maintain long-lasting relationships with current partners;
· Analyze existing business relationships and maximize their potential in a way that benefits both partners;
· Capitalize on strategic market information to identify and employ a variety of methods for connecting with external business partners (e.g. networking, development, outreach, visibility);
· Follow up on partnership-related activities and manage relationships to ensure partners’ satisfaction;
· Identify partners’ needs for acknowledgement and visibility in order to negotiate mutually beneficial partnership terms;
· Create sales committees and seek out sponsors for fundraising events;
· Take part in events likely to result in sustainable business relationships;
· Stay abreast of trends and best practices in philanthropy and share this expertise with the team;
· Regularly update the documents and information necessary for the team to work effectively (budget, CRM, ProDon, etc.) and help write project briefs;
· Carry out other tasks as necessary to keep team projects running smoothly.
· Fluent in both French and English;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong sense of diplomacy, ethics and judgment;
· University degree in business administration, marketing or philanthropic development or equivalent experience;
· Five or more years of relevant development experience;
· Proven expertise in philanthropic development and knowledge of development strategies and techniques;
· Skilled in sales and negotiation;
· Experience in non-profit environments, an asset;
· Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite;
· In possession of a car and a valid driver’s licence;
· Must pass a police record check.
· Commitment to the Club’s values;
· Focus on solutions and results;
· Sets and manages priorities judiciously;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Able to work under pressure;
· Independent self-starter;
· Highly organized;
· Team player;
· Flexible, energetic and adaptable.
· Permanent, full-time position;
· 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday;
· Salary and benefits according to Club policy;
· Work location: Boucherville headquarters;
· Start date: as soon as possible.
Please send your resume and cover letter by email at
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.