(Work place: Montréal, Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a business transfer manager, you will play a coaching role in complex business transfer transactions. More specifically, you will ensure the growth of business opportunities and serve as an expert for the Desjardins Business centres and bodies concerned, in keeping with your area of specialization. You must also secure Desjardins Group's position as a business transfer leader by promoting related services to clients.
- Develop and maintain an effective network of contacts with persons of influence who are active in their sector and, in collaboration with various Desjardins Group entities, identify and develop a significant business network with business transfer needs.
- Coordinate the intervention strategy in your territory by identifying business opportunities and involving the internal and external resources necessary at every stage of the transfer process.
- Play an advisory and leadership role for resources, in line with the action plan.
- Contribute to the skills development and training of Desjardins Group resources involved in business transfer.
- Follow up with key resources based on the nature of existing relationships to ensure client retention at Desjardins.
- Monitor the market and take on a leadership role in developing the Desjardins business transfer offer to ensure that the organization maintains its leadership position in the market.
- Represent Desjardins Group at any event pertaining to business transfer and intervene in relationships with financial partners as needed.
Other working conditions
- Place of work: a position in Montreal and a position in Quebec
- Travel: 35% of the time
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience with financial packages involving complex transactions
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Extensive knowledge of the realities of entrepreneurs and their successors in the event of a business transfer.
- Knowledge of financial analysis
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of market and external environment analyses
- Familiarity with the credit features and risks that are specific to commercial and industrial sectors
- Advanced proficiency in French and English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)