(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08The incumbent supports and advises caisse managers in developing, improving and implementing communications solutions, practices, programs and tools.
- Develop the caisse’s annual communication activities plan based on the allocated budget. Provide recommendations to managers regarding strategies and communication activities targeting various clienteles, community organizations, officers and employees in order to meet their needs for visibility and raise their appeal. Assist managers in carrying out these activities.
- Advise managers in developing, improving and implementing communications solutions, programs and tools.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and implementing the communications action plan (internal and external), in line with Desjardins Group’s targeted results and strategic orientations.
- Maintain the caisse’s and Desjardins Group’s positive image by identifying potential risk and inform the caisse’s general management and the various partners involved. Monitor activities related to service quality for members and customers (e.g. surveys, processing complaints).
- Receive, assess, and recommend sponsorship requests, donations and subscriptions and perform ensuing follow-up activities regarding the level of funding granted. Assist the manager in negotiating sponsorship, donation, and subscription agreements. Assist in producing the caisse’s social responsibility report.
- Oversee the organization of various caisse events, including logistics and the writing of speeches (e.g. annual general meetings, special meetings) and produce the annual report.
- Analyze, select and ensure the quality of communication vehicles intended for members and customers (e.g. letters, mass mailings). Produce and disseminate a variety of information (e.g. intended for local newspapers as well as internal communications).
- Support caisse representatives in maintaining business relationships with various clienteles and community organizations. Assist with organizing events for customers and community organizations (e.g. information sessions, conferences, school caisse activities).
- Moderate social media communities: draft informational content for publication (e.g. advertising, video) and ensure the overall relevance and coherence of comments and interactions.
- Identify needs and perform follow-up activities regarding ad placement mandates in collaboration with the various involved partners. Follow up on Desjardins Group merchandising proposals (e.g. ordering promotional material for all caisse sites, posters).
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of external environment
- Excellent knowledge of French spelling and grammar
- Knowledge of communication and advertising methods, techniques and tools
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics governing the operations of the caisse and its centres
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and the Desjardins network
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Caisse d’économie Desjardins du personnel municipal (Québec)