(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a securities advisor, you help serve, prospect for, solicit, and develop and maintain business relationships with members and clients. You help sell securities products and services through various distribution channels based on member/client needs and current strategies and practices. Your focus areas include discretionary management, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and structured products. You actively develop and maintain business relationships with your clients. You drive results to handle complex information requests from clients and promote and sell products and services in accordance with your unit’s business objectives and strategies. You balance sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, profitability and member/client satisfaction. You work with clients who have development potential for your sector. You analyze member/client needs, help develop and implement personalized solutions, and propose integrated service offers. You advise and assist current and potential members and clients. You represent Desjardins and enter the organization into agreements with clients. You also have opportunities to establish and negotiate product and service terms in accordance with standards and procedures. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
More specifically, you will provide efficient, professional service in response to client requests, in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures and with the regulatory standards of the securities industry. You will perform transactions for the purchase and sale of various financial products at the request of clients, and seize opportunities to strengthen the business relationship with them.
- Process buy and sell orders for stocks, bonds, options and other financial instruments in Canadian dollars and foreign currencies in accordance with client instructions provided over the phone or electronically
- Ensure that all purchase and sale transactions comply with credit standards and report any issues
- Inform clients of trading policies and procedures
- Confirm client identities and verify the accuracy of the information collected
- Resolve client account management issues
- Ensure compliance with the policies, standards and procedures established by the firm and regulatory bodies.
- Perform the day-to-day operational tasks for opening new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Help develop and distribute information and training sessions intended for clients.
- Participate in business development and visibility activities, such as seminars and promotional events.
- Offer superior-quality customer service at all times.
Other working conditions
- Flexible schedules : 9h to 17h, 10h to 18h or 11h to 19h
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Securities Industry
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course
- Successful completion of the Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced knowledge of standards and regulations in the securities industry
- Advanced proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)