(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a securities advisor, you help serve, prospect for, solicit, and develop and maintain business relationships with members and clients. You help sell securities products and services through various distribution channels based on member/client needs and current strategies and practices. Your focus areas include discretionary management, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and structured products.You actively help develop and maintain business relationships with clients. You drive results by reviewing complex information requests and promoting and selling products and services based on your unit’s business objectives and strategies. You balance sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, profitability and member/client satisfaction.You work with clients who have development potential for your sector. You analyze member/client needs, help develop and implement personalized solutions, and propose integrated service offers.You advise and assist current and potential members and clients. You represent Desjardins and enter the organization into agreements with clients. You also have opportunities to establish and negotiate product and service terms in accordance with standards and procedures. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
More specifically, you will provide efficient, professional service in response to customer requests, in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures and with the regulatory standards of the securities industry. You will perform transactions for the purchase and sale of various financial products at the request of customers, and seize opportunities to strengthen the business relationship with them.
- Process purchase and sale orders for stocks, bonds, options or any other financial instruments denominated in Canadian dollars or foreign currencies, according to instructions previously transmitted by the customer either by telephone or electronically.
- Ensure that all purchase and sale transactions comply with established credit standards and notify the supervisor of any breaches.
- As required, explain the relevant trading policies and procedures to customers in an appropriate manner.
- Confirm the customer’s identity and verify the information collected.
- Resolve any problem situations encountered in managing the customer’s file.
- Ensure compliance with the policies, standards and procedures established by the firm and regulatory bodies.
- Perform the day-to-day operational tasks for opening new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Participate in developing and circulating information and training sessions for customers.
- Contribute to business development and take part in representation activities, including seminars and promotional events.
- Offer superior-quality customer service at all times.
Other working conditions
- Flexible schedules: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- You will work as a customer service representative until you obtain your investment representative licence.
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum three years of experience in the securities industry
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course, passed
- Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course, passed or in progress
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
- Very good knowledge of the regulation and standards of the securities industry
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Resilient
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)