(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-04The incumbent works in close collaboration with financial planners and sales team advisors, participating in maintaining business relationships with members and customers and carrying out sales support activities.
Founded in 1994, Caisse de la Culture was created to help provide artists, craftspeople, and designers—as well as organizations and businesses in arts and culture—with a means to harness their talent to achieve their dreams. With strong roots in the artistic community, the financial cooperative has gained the support of most cultural professional associations. The caisse helps self-employed members achieve their personal and professional goals and provides services adapted to the reality of businesses active in the cultural scene. The caisse also promotes the socio-economic development of the artistic community by supporting local projects and events.
Caisse de la Culture is located at 215 rue Saint-Jacques in Old Montreal. The caisse boasts 7,000 members, almost $700 million in business volume and growth that’s enviable not just within Desjardins Group, but in the financial services industry as a whole. The caisse offers a stimulating and rewarding work environment for its 23 employees who are dedicated to serving the needs of an intensely creative community.
The incumbent works in close collaboration with financial planners and sales team advisors, participating in maintaining business relationships with members and customers and carrying out sales support activities.
- Manage the voice mailboxes of financial planners and advisors by handling those calls that can be immediately addressed and referring others to the appropriate individual.
- Manage the schedules of financial planners and advisors by arranging meetings requested by members and customers, confirming their attendance and informing them of the documents they are required to bring.
- Assist in prioritizing the weekly activities of financial planners and advisors and in planning the execution of follow-up and solicitation activities.
- Finalize files following meetings with members and customers by obtaining their signatures, responding to their operational questions, opening accounts, and proposing and closing products and services sales.
- If necessary, contact members and customers to confirm all agreed-upon transactions. Make courtesy calls as requested by financial planners and advisors.
- Collaborate in preparing and facilitating conferences for members and customers and executing follow-up activities.
- Contribute to business development by taking part in various solicitation activities.
- Help to maintain business relationships through contact with members and customers. Remain attentive to their needs to ensure their full satisfaction and to identify sales opportunities, while maintaining and updating their records.
- Ensure that files are complete and compliant in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Attestation of Collegial Studies in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Be a licensed mutual fund representative
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Understanding of financial documents used in asset management
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of integrating financial data into systems
- Knowledge of compliance with An Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to investment and financing activities
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to convenience products and services and automated and assisted transactions
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to opening accounts, the selling of additional products and services, and Accord D financing
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes (e.g. sales, solicitation and negotiation)
- Knowledge of service standards
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability
Caisse Desjardins de la Culture
Member/client sales and service (FG)