(Work place: Brossard)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-04As an investment advisor assistant, you support an investment advisor or a team of investment advisors by providing professional and efficient customer service, as well as sound administrative management of client accounts, in accordance with the firm's procedures and regulatory standards in the securities industry.You handle information requests from clients and assume various operational support duties specific to the advisor or team's activities.
- Support the investment advisor team in all administrative, customer service and business development activities.
- Respond to information requests from clients regarding their accounts and the firm's products and services. Conduct research and follow up as needed to deliver quality service.
- Complete, check and forward various forms related to account openings.
- Monitor daily activity in client accounts and handle various administrative details in order to free up the advisor(s).
- Check data from various information sources to ensure their compliance, in accordance with established policies and standards (e.g., transaction corrections, cheque requisitions and deposits, transfer follow-ups, mail received and sent, swaps and RRSP contributions).
- Carry out data entry, including producing various documents for clients, while ensuring the quality of the writing and the presentation of documents.
- Help identify operational risks and seek improvement opportunities in line with the team's activities.
- Using software, provide administrative support to team members by entering data and producing letters, texts, tables, lists or other documents.
- Perform various administrative tasks associated with direct mail advertising and billing.
- Process the data gathered from various systems and produce reports and documents, as per needs.
- Gather information from various stakeholders.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and faxes.
- Gather, file and send documents.
- Make photocopies of various documents.
- Perform any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel in a Windows environment, Proficient speaker and writer, complete proficiency in French and English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability
9120, boul. Leduc Brossard
Member/client sales and service (FG)