(Work place: Brossard)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05As Investment Assistant, you support an investment advisor or a team of advisors by providing professional, efficient customer service and sound administrative management of client accounts, in accordance with the firm's procedures and regulatory standards in the securities industry.You process client information and assume various operational support duties related to the advisor's or team's activities, including completing transactions on behalf of clients in accordance with instructions from the investment advisor(s).
- Provide administrative, customer service and business development support to investment advisors (or the team).
- Respond to information requests from clients regarding their accounts and the firm's products and services. Conduct research and follow up as needed to deliver quality service.
- Complete, check and forward various forms related to account openings.
- Monitor daily activity in client accounts and handle various administrative details in order to free up the advisor(s).
- Check data from various information sources to ensure their compliance, in accordance with established policies and standards (e.g., transaction corrections, cheque requisitions and deposits, transfer follow-ups, mail received and sent, swaps and RRSP contributions).
- Carry out buy and sell transactions for clients in accordance with instructions from the advisor(s).
- Carry out data entry, including producing various documents for clients, while ensuring the quality of the writing and the presentation of documents.
- Help identify operational risks and seek improvement opportunities in line with the team's activities.
Other working conditions
- Work place: Position to be filled at the Brossard branch
- Number of jobs available: 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel in a Windows environment
- independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
9120, boul. Leduc Brossard
Member/client sales and service (FG)