(Work place: Drummondville, Trois-Rivières)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11The person in this position is responsible for soliciting, developing and maintaining business relations with a diversified business clientele with venture capital financing needs. More specifically, this person sees to expanding partnership opportunities and acts as an expert for businesses undergoing rapid growth or during transfer transactions. They must also secure Desjardins Group's position as a leader in venture capital financing. They must manage and develop a venture capital investment portfolio, develop the sector or region assigned and provide expert leadership to their colleagues.
- Solicit potential clients and develop and maintain personal business relationships with business clients in order to promote a line of products and services.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts with influential people who are active in the sector. Pinpoint entrepreneurs' needs, recommend customized and innovative financing structures, and negotiate the applicable terms.
- Maximize the value of investments by acting as an expert advisor with associated companies, as well as by offering support throughout their growth. Follow up with clients to make sure they are making proper use of the products and services offered.
- Create and implement action plans for business development stemming from the master plan. Introduce ways of achieving the target objectives in terms of portfolio returns, investment volume and risk management.
- Work closely with colleagues at Desjardins Capital, Desjardins Group partners at business centres, the Business Executive Division and other Desjardins Group components.
- Draw up and present various analyses, projections and executive summaries to the committees concerned.
- Monitor the market, identify opportunities to acquire new clients or develop competitive new products and services.
- Carry out promotional activities as part of campaigns for the unit. Participate in public relations activities to maintain a presence in the business community.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Trois-Rivières or Drummondville according to the candidate's preference
- Travel: 60% of the time
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of eight year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Customer Focus, Drive results, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy
2000, boul. des Récollets Trois-Rivières
Member/client sales and service (FG)