(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As team leader, you support team management. You coordinate your unit’s activities, action plans and initiatives. You coach and guide a team composed primarily of highly experienced professionals, assign tasks and activities, and regularly monitor progress. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive, motivating work environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You have functional authority over the team and manage individual performance. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields.You develop business positions and lead and influence senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Develop, update and recommend strategic orientations and positioning for your unit.
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities for which you are responsible.
- Define and support the implementation of Agile organization and work approaches.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved under the expected conditions, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop training and skills development strategies and action plans for your team.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing your team’s skills.
- Take the appropriate actions and initiatives to ensure your team's engagement and satisfaction.
- Take the appropriate actions and initiatives to attract and retain talent.
- Propose approaches to build and develop your team’s expertise and skills.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of a relevant experience
- Experience in application development
- Experience managing a team (an asset)
- Experience in employee development and coaching (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Attracts top talent, Complexity, Develops talent, Engagement, Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)