(Work place: Farnham)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
CL-05As a market development manager, you support Desjardins’s strategic priorities by leading your department, tapping into the full market potential and meeting the needs and expectations of members and clients. You are responsible for the strategic and operational management of a team dedicated to selling financial products and services in a specific business line. You build and maintain long-term business relationships with members and clients in your line of business.You draw up and monitor a business plan that addresses priorities, challenges and objectives. You ensure sector performance, and sound and prudent risk management in accordance with standards. You follow up on results. You draw on your ability to make quality decisions and drive results to effectively manage employees and your department’s performance.You manage a team dedicated to members and clients. You oversee employees’ skills development and ensure high-quality service. The ability to build effective teams and develop talent is therefore essential.You serve as coach for your team members and provide advisory services and specific recommendations that take the needs of members and clients into account. The complex work associated with your unit requires extensive knowledge of the organization and your line of business.
- Support your immediate supervisor by helping to develop business strategies in line with Desjardins’s strategic priorities and the unit’s challenges.
- Ensure the quality of services and business relationships, and manage the member/client experience.
- Implement and monitor the action plan to achieve target results.
- Put in place management and communication practices that promote talent acquisition and management, team synergy and change management, in keeping with Desjardins’s values. Lead, coach and motivate your team to develop skills, boost engagement and empower employees.
- Implement and develop a competitive, profitable service offer for your sector that incorporates partnerships with other components in order to provide an exceptional member/client experience.
- Ensure the efficiency and continuous improvement of processes, and boost profitability.
- Promote the Desjardins brand and strengthen the organization’s roots in the community.
- Uphold Desjardins’s cooperative values.
Other working conditions
- Travel: The person will be required to travel to all of the Caisse's service centers (Farnham, Bedford and Ange Gardien)
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience including a minimum of two years in team management
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Develops talent, Drive results, Teams
Caisse Desjardins de la Pommeraie