(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-03As a member service agent, you support the needs of members and customers with respect to convenience products and services. You advise and assist members and customers in selecting and using automation solutions and various alternative channels. You transmit general information on Desjardins Group's service offer to members and customers.
Caisse Desjardins de Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent, in the Saint-Laurent district of Montreal, serves 41,460 members. Its assets total $1.53 billion, including $1 billion in personal loans and $292 million in business loans. Total savings (balance sheet and off-balance sheet) amount to $2.8 billion. It is located in a culturally diverse market with strong business development potential. The caisse has 83 employees working in 4 service centres in non-unionized settings. The caisse is associated with a Desjardins Business centre, a Desjardins Signature Service and an administrative centre.
- Advise and assist members and customers in selecting and optimizing their use of various available tools and alternative channels, fostering autonomy and promoting automation (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, as well as complementary channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Sell convenience products and services (e.g. Desjardins access card, Visa Desjardins card, AccèsD registration, fund transfers, account changes, traveller's cheques, authorized transit limit, inter-caisse authorizations, safety deposit boxes, cash orders). Perform the required transactions, and, when necessary, follow up with members and customers.
- Listen to members' and customers' needs in order to ensure their full satisfaction and identify sales opportunities, and, when appropriate, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- As required, meet with members and customers to open accounts, following the process established by the Caisse.
- Support members and customers who have encountered fraud or irregularities (e.g. copied Desjardins access card, identity theft, phishing or any other issue related to the access card or Visa Desjardins card). Monitor and process transactions required for case settlements.
- Contribute to sales growth by taking part in various solicitation and referral activities.
- Ensure that activities are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- High school diploma
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all counter and convenience products and services
- Knowledge of all Desjardins products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by business centres, components, distribution networks/channels and as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of integrating data into systems
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal controls
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to convenience products and services and transactions
- Knowledge of service standards
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability
3500, boul. de la Côte-Vertu Suite 165 Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)