(Work place: Caisse Desjardins des Patriotes)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting mainly of individual members. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
In January 2019, the consolidation of the Desjardins caisses of Boucherville, Contrecoeur-Verchères, Grand-Coteau and Varennes will create a simple, humane, modern and efficient financial cooperative called Caisse Desjardins des Patriotes. With its 66,946 members and $2 billion in assets, the new caisse will be a key player in the community.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on financial news, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in various promotional activities and ensure the caisse’s presence in the community.
Other working conditions
- Schedule: you will have to be flexible and available to work the required schedule, based on the employer’s needs, i.e. from Monday to Saturday.
- Work place: you may be required to work in all seven locations.
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Trade school diploma in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (an asset)
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered. For example, experience in sales consulting or business development in any industry may be considered relevant experience.
- Mutual fund sales representative certificate issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative issues
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and operations of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
- Understanding of the evaluation and tracking techniques for a personal financing application
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins des Patriotes
Member/client sales and service (FG)