(Work place: Gatineau)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting mainly of individual members. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
Scheduled service interruption : We will be performing maintenance on the Desjardins online recruitment tool from 12:01 a.m. on December 7 to 7:00 a.m. on December 9. During this time, you won’t be able to apply for this position. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer, located in Gatineau in the Outaouais region, serves nearly 54,000 members. The Hull-Aylmer caisse offers its services across a large geographic area and employs 200 people who work together to ensure the full satisfaction and financial security of its members. The Caisse serves a market with strong business development potential. It operates four service centres located at strategic points across the western Outaouais region. The institution stands out on many levels thanks to the diversity of its clients and employees.
The vision set forth by the Caisse’s general manager is to create a successful sales business that is focused on member service and driven by the people whose hard work and dedication define the institution. That’s why the caisse’s internal practices target service quality supported by industry best practices. The caisse plays an active role in the community and contributed nearly $600,000 in sponsorships and collective dividends in 2017, primarily in the fields of education, cooperation, social economy, health and healthy lifestyles. As a financial services cooperative that is firmly rooted in the community, the Caisse shines from an economic standpoint. With more than 2.5 billion in assets and more than $5.1 billion in business volume under management, the Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer is an extremely important economic player in the Outaouais region.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement
- Stay up-to-date on financial news, market trends and best practices in your field
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 4
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Mutual fund sales representative certificate issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative issues
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management principles
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and operations of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
- Understanding of the evaluation and tracking techniques for a personal financing application
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer
Member/client sales and service (FG)