(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting mainly of individual members. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
Caisse Desjardins du Centre-nord de Montréal serves 59,000 members, the majority of whom are well-to-do individuals such as business owners and professionals. It has $2.2 billion in assets. The Caisse operates in a cooperative environment where members have a sense of belonging to their caisse and to their community. Located in the north central part of the Island of Montréal, the Ahuntsic and Villeray boroughs are steeped in community spirit, with numerous cultural groups living side by side and interacting with each other. Local college students give the area a young, hip feel. The Caisse has 180 employees working in 7 service centres. Caisse Desjardins du Centre-nord de Montréal, through its members and employees, enriches the lives of people and communities.
To be an innovative, inspiring and effective financial partner. Caisse Desjardins du Centre-nord de Montréal is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated by challenges and have a talent for customer service.
Join an organization that shares your values and is committed to its community.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Centre de services Domaine Saint-Sulpice, 8955, avenue André-Grasset Montreal H2M 2E9
- Schedule (details) : 35 hours a week. Possibility of 5 days a week including 1 evening shift OR du 4 day a weeks including 2 evening shifts. Saturdays on a rotating basis
- Union position
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (an asset)
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge in debt management
- Knowledge of the notions of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of Desjardins business processes and service standards
- Knowledge of the techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Advanced proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
8955, avenue André-Grasset Montréal
CAISSE D'AHUNTSIC (T: 30166)
Member/client sales and service (FG)