(Work place: Laval)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As Personal Finance Advisor, you are responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed of individual members and businesses with mortgage financing or savings of $25,000 to $50,000. You promote and sell products and services to stimulate the business growth of the caisse. As needed, you are assigned to overseeing financing for individual members served by the caisse or partners. On behalf of the caisse, you negotiate and commit to agreements with a moderate level of impact. You ensure consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability, and client, member and partner satisfaction.
The Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation is the only financial institution that exclusively serves active and retired employees in the education sector. With its detailed knowledge of the sector, its strong business relationships with its many partners and its undeniably close ties with its members, the caisse’s team is able to propose unique financial services for all school staff. The team, made up of 60 dynamic employees working at 8 service centres in Quebec, currently serves 24,000 members in person or online and its market has strong business development potential in a sector of choice: education.
Do you have excellent customer service skills and an ability to build lasting relationships with your clients? Does your talent for sales set you apart from the crowd? Are you proactive, curious and resourceful? Do you feel that you can create value in education by offering tailored advice and highly personalized service? Then the Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation is the place for you!
Proud to be a Desjardins employee means
- Having a clear objective: to be everyone’s #1 choice!
- Being part of a company that puts sustainable development at the heart of its concerns
- Being part of a financial institution with the strongest presence in Quebec
- Being part of one of Canada’s Top 100 employers
- Being part of a positive work environment and engaging teams
We don’t offer you a job. We offer you job satisfaction. #Difference
Discover what sets Desjardins apart from other employers. Understand why our growth strategy puts people first and how helping our employees to shine, in every area of life, is the key to our success. Click the following link to view a short video: The Desjardins difference
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated, and that they maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member/client needs, develop client-specific solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives, such as increased business volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relationships.
- Watch for business development opportunities that would add a competitive edge to existing products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations.
- Take part in public relations activities and maintain a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under your responsibility.
Other working conditions
- Schedule (details): 35 hours/week, including 1 evening shift
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (an asset)
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, including 1 year of advisory services
Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered. For example, experience in sales consulting or business development in any industry may be considered relevant experience.
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of operating procedures pertaining to investment and financing activities Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Drive results, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy
1700, boulevard Laval Bureau 130 Laval
FCDQ-GID-MTL-SEPB 575 Bureau
Member/client sales and service (FG)