(Work place: Caisse Desjardins de Vaudreuil-Soulanges)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You provide financing solutions for affluent individuals and business owners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending loans and insurance products. You serve as a financing expert advisor and resource person. You ensure that cross-sector strategies are applied to financing and authorize credit in accordance with established rules. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management.You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
Caisse Desjardins Vaudreuil-Soulanges serves a large territory encompassing urban and rural environments to the west of the island of Montreal. An integral part of its community, the Caisse posts assets of over 1,9 billion dollars. Its market has strong potential for business development. Its team of 150 dedicated employees working in its 12 service centres tend to the needs of its 56,380 members. The Caisse serves 23 municipalities in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges region, which extends west to Ontario.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
- Act as a resource person and ensure that you share your expertise for the credit aspect with your work colleagues
Other working conditions
- Travel: The resource could be called upon to travel and work in the various service centers of the credit union at the request of its manager to ensure continuity of operations. In addition, depending on the evolution of its business needs, the Caisse reserves the right to modify the work schedule which could include weekend work hours.
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Be a licensed mutual fund representative
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of analysis of individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse's external environment (e.g. clients, market trends and competitors)
- Knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
1704, chemin Sainte-Angélique , Saint-Lazare
Member/client sales and service (FG)