(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05The person in this position is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed mainly of individual members with savings of less than 25,000 dollars and without mortgage financing. The incumbent also serves business member clients with savings of 50,000 dollars or less. He or she promotes and sells products and services and stimulates business growth. The incumbent represents, engages, and negotiates on behalf of the caisse in agreements that have limited impact on the caisse. He or she ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and client, member and partner satisfaction.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Process activities and transactions resulting from meetings with members and clients.
- Meet with members and clients to open individual and business accounts in accordance with processes established by the caisse.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability, and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to the caisse's operations. Take part in public relations activities and maintain a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold the mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of the integration of financial data into computer systems
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of operating procedures pertaining to investment and financing activities Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Beauport
Member/client sales and service (FG)