(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You provide financing solutions for affluent individuals and business owners. You will occasionally have to support the level 6 personal finance advisors for periodic organizational needs (leave or extra workload). Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You drive results by recommending the best financing and insurance products. You act as a financing expert and resource person. You work closely with the other assigned L7 personal finance advisor. You ensure that cross-sector strategies are applied to financing and authorize credit in accordance with established rules. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
Caisse Desjardins de l’Ouest-de-l’île serves an urban market known for its cultural diversity and strong development potential. Our assets stand at $895 million, which include a total of $580 million in savings. The Caisse has 4 service centres, with 86 unionized employees.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
- Attract and develop new business from target clients with potential financing needs.
- Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives, such as increased business volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relationships.
- Serve as a resource person in financing for the advisory sales team. Authorize credit on files requiring a second analysis.
- Watch for business development opportunities that would add a competitive edge to existing products and services.
- Be attentive to member/client needs to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities and, as required, refer members and clients to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services.
Other working conditions
- Work location: 4101, boulevard des Sources Dollard-des-Ormeaux
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a Mutual fund sales representative certificate issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of analysis of individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse's external environment (e.g. clients, market trends and competitors)
- Knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de l’Ouest-de-l’île
CAISSE DES SOURCES (T: 50047)
Member/client sales and service (FG)