(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You provide financing solutions for affluent individuals and business owners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending loans and insurance products. You serve as a financing expert advisor and resource person. You ensure that cross-sector strategies are applied to financing and authorize credit in accordance with established rules. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management.You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
More specifically, you will be responsible for overseeing the financing of wealth management clients, in assigned mode. You will serve as a financing expert and resource person and carry out credit authorizations, as per established rules. You will have a role in training new employees on the team. You will serve as a financing and debt management expert.
Caisse Desjardins de Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent, in the Saint-Laurent district of Montreal, serves 41,460 members. Its assets total $1.53 billion, including $1 billion in personal loans and $292 million in business loans. Total savings (balance sheet and off-balance sheet) amount to $2.8 billion. It is located in a culturally diverse market with strong business development potential. The caisse has 83 employees working in 4 service centres in non-unionized settings. The caisse is associated with a Desjardins Business centre, a Desjardins Signature Service and an administrative centre.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
- Proactively propose financing and debt management strategies for clients assigned to wealth management advisors.
- Handle these clients’ financing needs.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with our external financing partners (broker and mortgage representatives).
- Attract and develop new business from target clients with potential financing needs.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop client-specific solutions and recommend better financing strategies.
- Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Analyze moderately complex financing files and formulate recommendations describing the financing and follow-up conditions, and the guarantees required in the framework of sound and prudent management, working closely with the managers in charge of said files.
Other working conditions
- Travel: The person will have to travel to the four service centers to meet needs.
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of analysis of individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse's external environment (e.g. clients, market trends and competitors)
- Knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent
Member/client sales and service (FG)