(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06The person in this position is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed mainly of individual members and businesses with savings of 25,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars or mortgage financing. He/she promotes and sells products and services and stimulates business growth. As needed, the incumbent is assigned to overseeing financing for individual members served by the caisse or partners. The incumbent represents, engages, and negotiates on behalf of the caisse in agreements that have moderate impact on the caisse. He/she ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and client, member and partner satisfaction.
Located on Nuns’ Island, the Caisse Desjardins de L'Île-des-Soeurs-Verdun is growing in a market with many opportunities. The community we serve is currently undergoing an exciting revitalization with many families moving in, making it a buzzing neighbourhood with high potential and competition. This business reality offers a number of development opportunities and interesting challenges.
The caisse makes it a priority to build long-term, beneficial relationships with its 18,556 members. Our caisse includes about 60 unionized and non-unionized employees who work in in our three business centres, as well as an automated service centre.
As a forward-looking organization, we help employees develop professionally, and we value their involvement in improving our activities and operations. Our caisse’s goal is to remain a dynamic leader in our sector and stand out in terms of market development.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and maintain a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
Other working conditions
- Workplace: Head Office, 5035 Verdun Street, Verdun, Quebec
- Number of job available: 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered. For example, experience in sales consulting or business development in any industry may be considered relevant experience.
- Hold the Mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- All products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Debt management
- Notions of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Desjardins business processes
- Service standards
- Techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Strategy recommendation and analysis applications
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de L'Île-des-Soeurs-Verdun
CAISSE DE L'ÎLE-DES-SŒURS--VERDUN (VERDUN) (T: 30240)
Member/client sales and service (FG)