(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07The person in this position participates in prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients with savings of 150,000 dollars or more. The incumbent is assigned to overseeing the financing of said clients. He/she promotes and sells products and services and stimulates business growth. The incumbent represents, engages, and negotiates on behalf of the caisse in agreements that have a significant impact on the caisse. Serving as an expert in financing, he/she is responsible for supporting the caisse's advisory sales team. The incumbent ensures the transversality of financing and authorizes caisse credit in accordance with established rules. He/she ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and client, member and partner satisfaction.
- Ensure the in-transfer and development of new business for targeted clients representing potential financing opportunities.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and propose best financing strategies. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Serve as a resource person in financing for the advisory sales team. Authorize credit on files requiring a second analysis.
- Identify opportunities for business development to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate from the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of analysis of individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse's external environment (e.g. clients, market trends and competitors)
- Knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse populaire Desjardins de Charlesbourg
Member/client sales and service (FG)