(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07The Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation, which has its head office in Montreal, serves 20,000 members and is growing! This innovative, high-tech space exclusively dedicated to our education client segments is strategically located at 9405 Sherbrooke Street East. It offers a dynamic, one-of-a-kind workplace using an approach focused on members and clients. The Caisse’s assets stand at $610 million, and it has 53 employees at 7 service centres.Interested in the position? Join our team!The person in the position will act as an expert on the education team and contribute to the development of the organization’s business. They will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining personalized business relationships with clients who have a savings portfolio of between $50,000 and $150,000, and advising them on ways to achieve their financial goals, by providing an integrated service offering of Desjardins products and services, exclusively online.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and maintain a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- Foster an advisory relationship (remotely) by identifying current and potential needs and promoting client retention, in order to offer them products and services that can respond to all of their needs, based on life cycles.
- Help clients choose appropriate solutions and devise strategies for their implementation.
- Ensure the various activities related to their assignments (e.g., service offer, meeting clients’ needs) run smoothly and get done on deadline.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with assigned members and clients, and provide advice and sell products/services for financing needs (mortgages, consumer loans), banking products and services, and savings and investment goals.
- Maintain long-standing, personalized business relationships with members.
- You will report to the Senior Manager, Business Development, Online Advisory Services and Development.
Other working conditions
- Schedule (details): 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday, including 1 evening shift and work location Head office
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Be a licensed mutual fund representative
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Desjardins savings and credit products and services and other products and services for our clients
- Knowledge of financing and credit management standards and practices, as well as techniques to assess and follow up on financing applications
- All products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Desjardins business processes (e.g., sales, solicitation, negotiation)
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Debt management
- Proficient in advanced English and French
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de l'Éducation
CAISSE DE L'ÉDUCATION (T: 92204)
Member/client sales and service (FG)