(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a personal finance advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting mainly of individual members. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
The Caisse populaire d’Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, located in Montreal, serves 18,700 members. The caisse boasts a business volume under management of $987 million. Its market is recognized for its cultural buzz, vibrant community and business development potential.
The caisse operates in a dynamic environment and is seeking a player willing to take on challenges. The personal finance team is supported by a credit team for all financing-related transactions. The candidate sought does not therefore require a strong foundation in credit. We are looking for someone who wants to build relationships with members based on a global approach: projects, savings, protection, financial strategies, etc.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
Other working condition
- Possibility of teleworking
- Number of jobs available: 2
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management principles
- Familiarity with legal compliance requirements for the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and operation of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse populaire Desjardins d'Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
Member/client sales and service (FG)