(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07The person in this position works as a financial expert to support the Signature Service team to manage financing requests. The successful candidate prospects, solicits, develops and maintains business relationships with mass-affluent clients who hold $250,000 or more in cash assets and have particular financing needs (e.g., mortgage for foreign property, management company, trust). The incumbent promotes innovative strategies and sells products and services with a view to achieving business growth. This person represents, negotiates, and engages the Signature Service as part of agreements which greatly affect the Service. The successful candidate ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and the satisfaction of members, clients and partners.
The East de Montréal Signature Service, created by the 12 caisses in the Montréal region, is known for offering a high-quality member/client experience and tremendous business development potential in the area’s mass-affluent market. The Signature Service team has 20 employees working from one location.
The Signature Service team brings together experts in wealth management to meet the specific needs of members through an exclusive and distinctive full-service offer.
We are looking for the best candidates to join a highly capable and motivated multi-disciplinary team. Signature Service offers an open and respectful work environment, professional development and training opportunities, and a generous benefit package. If you want to contribute to the success of the Signature Service, apply today to join this great team!
- Transfer in and develop new business with clients with potential financing needs.
- Identify and analyze client and member needs, develop client-specific solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Work as a financing contact person within the Signature Service team.
- Recommend strategies or solutions to reach objectives set by the Signature Service, such as increased sales volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Watch for business development opportunities that would add a competitive edge to existing products and services.
- Carry out different promotional activities for the Service Signature. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Develop and maintain sustainable and personalized business partnerships with various players in the network, including account managers with Desjardins business centres.
- Carefully listen to members and clients to ensure their needs are met and they are completely satisfied. Be ready to grasp business opportunities, and where needed, make referrals to other professionals who can best meet member and client expectations.
- Respect current policies, practices and standards as well as the various legal frameworks applicable to the distribution of financial products and services.
Other working conditions
- Parking available to all employees
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Awareness of financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse’s external environment (e.g., clientele, market and competition)
- Tax and financial issues for individuals and business owners
- Familiarity with all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, Desjardins components and Desjardins distribution networks, and those offered by the competition
- Good grasp of the philosophy and fundamentals of a financial services cooperative
- Policies, legislation and standards as they relate to caisse products and services
- Desjardins business processes
- Service standards
- Debt management
- Assessment and follow-up techniques applicable to financing requests
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
7450, bd les Galeries-d'Anjou Bureau 300 Anjou
Member/client sales and service (FG)