(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a real estate strategy advisor, you influence and serve as an expert advisor to managers and directors of caisses and of their service centres on physical distribution network transformation projects. You carry out preparatory work, conduct analyses, and execute and coordinate complex strategic projects. You receive support from project and real estate transaction advisors, as needed.You take on a leadership role when interacting with various stakeholders on files and projects requiring innovative, strategic and complex input and development. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your specialized field.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and the business line. Coordination will be critical, meaning you’ll be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields. You therefore need highly developed interpersonal skills.You serve as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field, and act as a contact and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Act as an expert advisor on real estate strategy for general managers and directors of caisses and of their centres to help them to carry out various distribution network performance projects.
- Identify and assess distribution needs based on interrelationships between channels, regional vision, distribution models and operating models.
- Perform feasibility analyses of innovative solutions that comply with the organization’s standards, processes and frameworks.
- Assess project costs and recommend optimal solutions for established needs (technical program, preliminary space layout, real estate budget, preliminary timeline).
- Identify and recommend the concept of a service centre that suits the business goals determined by the caisse (i.e., service offer, various zones, resources and tools required).
- Establish and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders to assist with physical distribution network transformation processes.
- Conduct regular follow-ups on real estate projects to ensure they comply with established business needs.
- Help develop and implement performance indicators and monitoring methods. Identify issues and recommend innovative solutions to relevant decision-making bodies.
- Monitor the industry to understand and anticipate trends in your field of expertise and make suitable recommendations to develop best practices for the unit.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate’s preference
- Travel: 25% according to business needs throughout the territory.
- If the successful candidate is from Montreal, the position will be unionized – TP CSD
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in architecture, engineering or real estate project management
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Proficiency in AutoCAD (key asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Organizational savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
TP-CSD MTL (FCDQ)