Do you have an interest in helping people realize their decoration project? Would you like to work for the most important painting center in the region? You are skilled and gifted to advise both individuals and professional painters in their selection of products and accessories for painting and dyeing? Do you like challenges? Do you like to evolve within a dynamic and growing company and have a lot of autonomy? If you answered yes to many of these questions, you are the ideal person for this opportunity!
Located at the intersection of Highway 5 and Boulevard Saint-Joseph in Gatineau, La Maison du Peintre Gatineau has been one of the largest paint and dye retailers in the region for the past 10 years. Offering the widest variety of paint products and accessories as well as a large selection of decorative items, the company has earned a reputation of choice in service and satisfaction with its loyal private clientele, plasterers and professional painters.
CHALLENGES WAITING FOR YOU
Under the responsibility of the Store Manager, the incumbent will have the primary responsibility of providing color and color advice to customers by providing different paint and stain products as needed. client. In addition, you can also offer a wide variety of accessories related to painting, dyeing and plastering, regardless of the type of project to be carried out and / or the quantities requested. More specifically, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Welcoming customers and allowing them to visit the store at their own pace;
· Engage in conversation with clients when needed to ensure they understand their needs and tastes / goals in terms of paint and colors;
· Adequately and proactively advise customers to direct them to the best products that can meet their expectations across all available lines while staying on budget;
· Ensure a pleasant shopping experience at all levels for customers up to the conclusion of the sale;
· Ensure adequate information regarding, among other things, the measurements and conditions of the surfaces to be painted / dyed / plastered in order to avoid errors in the selection of the products / accessories to be used as well as during the preparation of the paint and color blends;
· Conclude the sale and payment taking to customers using point-of-sale systems when needed;
· Ensure an adequate and optimal presentation of the products in store based among other seasonal products and / or promotions in progress;
· Carry out follow-ups with customers who ordered personalized products when received in store;
· Participate in the maintenance of in-store displays as well as promotional posters when needed;
· Performing tests and calibrations necessary to determine color equivalence between different brands of paints / stains;
· Assist the decorative products sales team whenever possible and according to the specific needs of the store;
· Perform any other necessary tasks for theproper operation of the store.
· Sales experience and customer service in relevant fields, ideally in the retail trade related to painting, hardware, building materials, decoration, furniture or interior design;
· Strong ability to manage advice and customer sales combined with computer order entry, paint preparation and color blending in a multi-client context during the busiest time
· Availability to work evenings and weekends based on a schedule rotation between all employees;
· Good ability to work in a computerized point-of-sale environment to accept all types of payment;
· Turning to customer satisfaction;
· Good team spirit combined with good judgment;
· Good interpersonal skills combined with good interpersonal skills;
· Demonstrate a passion for sales, customer service and long-term customer relationship development;
· Professional and neat presentation;
· French required and English desired.