(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
CL-02Your role involves using your ability to make quality decisions and optimize work processes to manage a portion of a subset of sales and operations activities. You are responsible for overseeing your group’s service offer and for developing and implementing its business plan. With an ability to develop talent and drive results, you are able to effectively manage people and performance, produce reports and ensure member/client satisfaction.
As a first-level manager, you will ensure the performance and engagement of a team of approximately 20 employees working on three different shifts. You will work primarily in a highly secure manufacturing environment.
This position will require you to participate in and supervise production, inventory and stock orders, ensuring that operations are running smoothly, machines are maintained and cards are delivered on schedule. In collaboration with other teams, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with safety procedures in your sector.
With a view to supporting your manager, you will manage business relationships with several partners and external suppliers, in addition to maintaining an action plan.
- Support the immediate supervisor by helping with work organization and operational planning for the unit
- Develop, implement and track the unit’s action plan, ensuring alignment with the organization’s strategic orientations and other administrative units, in a performance management context
- Establish management and communication practices that support change management, talent attraction and retention, skills development, employee engagement, and diversity in keeping with Desjardins values
- Define and ensure the implementation of activities related to the unit’s services to maximize targeted business results and ensure member and client satisfaction
- Support the administrative unit’s action plan by successfully managing individual and team performance
- Promote Desjardins Group’s cooperative values
- Continuously improve the management of processes under your responsibility.
Other working conditions
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on September 25, 2020
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Develops talent, Drive results, Work processes
450, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal