(Work place: Montréal, Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10Reporting to the Financial, Tax and Estate Planning Department, you will play a key role in financial, tax and estate planning matters by providing high-level advisory services to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients, in partnership with investment advisors and with a view to offering value-added services.As part of the team, you will work closely with financial planning analysts. As an expert, you will develop detailed financial plans and provide customized strategies and solutions in relation to financial, estate and tax planning to affluent and high-net-worth clients whose needs are very specific and often highly complex. You will serve as a content specialist for your unit members and clients. You will be responsible for projects, mandates and development activities related to your area of expertise.More specifically, you will be responsible for presenting financial, tax and estate planning results to clients and investment advisors.
- Act as a content specialist in your area of expertise for various parties and entities.
- Oversee the development of policies, standards, models and programs to support the unit’s projects and mandates.
- Advise and support clients in the development, completion, implementation and follow-up for various mandates.
- Play a monitoring role to understand and anticipate trends in your field of expertise and make appropriate recommendations with a view to developing best practices for the organization.
- Serve as a leader for projects and mandates specific to your area of expertise, and coordinate teams of professionals when required.
- Act as a resource person for unit members and clients.
Other working conditions
- Home office or FlexDesk
- Work place: Montreal or Quebec, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in taxation (an asset)
- At least six years of relevant experience, including a strong background in developing complex, customized financial solutions, preferably in the securities industry
- Strong writing skills and ability to simplify complex concepts
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Financial planner certification (IQPF) (an asset)
- CMA or CPA designation (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced knowledge of corporate and individual tax matters
- Familiar with financial and estate planning software and tools
- Knowledge of NaviPlan financial planning software
- Proficiency with Office 365 (advanced Word and Excel skills)
- Excellent spoken and written English and French communication skills
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)