(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11The Offer Development Department is responsible for developing, gathering and managing the offers according to client and life event in cooperation with the product manufacturers. It ensures the offers prepared for the targeted client segments are competitive and guides manufacturers regarding the products and services for Personal sector clients. The team tracks offer results and performance, and directs the marketing efforts for banking services.As Senior Advisor, Strategic Initiatives and Added Value, you are responsible for the strategic orientations and management for cross-sector tools, advice and other added-value services offered to individual members and clients. Among your mandates, you will be responsible for the upgrades to the Desjardins Member Advantages program, proposing its strategic orientations, controlling its budgets, monitoring performance indicators and negotiating with the stakeholders. You must ensure management and development of the My credit score tool and propose new tools and services if needed. You will play a leadership role when working with stakeholders involved in development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. You will determine the business needs, interdependencies and potential sources of synergy for offers within Desjardins Group. You will prepare global integrated and innovative offers for our members and clients, help to develop a three-year marketing plan and define the business and financial targets, track offer performance, and, if necessary, prepare contingency plans with the partners involved to achieve the financial and business objectives. Lastly, you will serve in an advisory capacity in your field while monitoring and developing best practices. The nature of the files will require extensive and in-depth knowledge of finance and marketing, including offer management.You will be called upon to interact with a large number of internal and external stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise. To this end, you must maintain business relationships with suppliers and external partners and because of the cross-sector nature of the files, you will also need to collaborate with the Desjardins Group’s main business sectors, specifically with manufacturers. You will represent the unit in dealings with various senior management committees and decision-making bodies. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Lead projects, mandates and development activities within your field, the scope and impact of which are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group.
- Advise and assist clients and partners with positioning, planning, development, performance and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility. Maximize profitability and business development. Oversee the development and updating of policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and mandates.
- Target and analyze major problems and issues. Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies involved.
- Represent your unit in dealings with decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when reaching agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (marketing option)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (major asset)
- Minimum of eight years of relavant experience
- Experience in product or offer development in the financial sector
- Experience in a role where you had to draft and present strategic documents to senior management.
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal