(Work place: Bedford)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As an specialized financing and banking solutions advisor , you help serve, solicit, and develop and maintain personalized business relationships with mass-affluent and high-net-worth Signature Service members and clients. You work closely with the wealth management senior advisor, serving as a partner and supporting business relationships with members and clients. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential. You offer premium banking offerings consistent with the strategies and solutions proposed by wealth management senior advisor. You serve as an expert debt management and financing advisor. You are in charge of the banking offering and provide advice on investment savings and everyday financial transactions. You recommend strategies and solutions tailored to the needs of members and clients with the goal of achieving their full satisfaction and ensuring business growth, sound risk and compliance management, and adherence to current practices and policies, leveraging your ability to achieve results. You listen to the needs of members and clients and seize opportunities by supporting and advising them on the optimal use of technological innovations and the various distribution channels available to them while being mindful of their interests and satisfaction.
General Information on the Position
- Identify current and potential needs to grow the wealth of members and clients.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, and offer personalized advice regarding financing, complementary investments and everyday financial solutions.
- Analyze, answer, handle and follow up on member/client queries about banking services.
- Stay on top of the latest products, services and standards in your field.
- Help carry out a range of promotional activities including speaking events, information sessions and other special events.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Awareness of financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse’s external environment (e.g., clientele, market and competition)
- Tax and financial issues for individuals and business owners
- Familiarity with all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, Desjardins components and Desjardins distribution networks, and those offered by the competition
- Good grasp of the philosophy and fundamentals of a financial services cooperative
- Policies, legislation and standards as they relate to caisse products and services
- Desjardins business processes
- Service standards
- Debt management
- Assessment and follow-up techniques applicable to financing requests
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de la Pommeraie
Member/client sales and service (FG)