(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11IT Foundations and Cloud Services comprises over 250 individuals specializing in software development, testing, Agile project management, product management, software architecture and platform administration. We design and deliver IT solutions in Agile mode and are responsible for the company’s central and highly critical platforms. As part of its digital strategy, Desjardins is transforming the development services the Cloud Platforms and Continuous Delivery Department offers to product squads to include a data protection and identity and access management (IAM) platform, tools and a continuous delivery practice. We are seeking new people to help us meet the growing demand for our services. If you’re passionate about new technologies and want to supervise a team of professionals, this position is for you!As team leader, you support team management. You coordinate your unit’s activities, action plans and initiatives. You coach and guide a team composed primarily of highly experienced professionals, assign tasks and activities, and regularly monitor progress. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive, motivating work environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You have functional authority over the team and manage individual performance. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields.
Responsibilities – RTE, IT Foundation Delivery and Operations
- Work with the product manager and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with the product strategy.
- Manage and optimize platform deliveries.
- Establish and communicate the annual schedule for iterations and program increments (PI).
- Help prepare PIs by using an ongoing exploration process that enables a vision summary, roadmap, order backlog and organizing planning meetings before and after PIs.
- Facilitate the PI planning event.
- Summarize the objectives of the PI team as program objectives and post them for greater visibility and transparency.
- Follow up on the execution of functionalities and capacities.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources.
- Manage results, performance, quality and client/partner satisfaction.
- Oversee the team’s performance and work quality, and the identification of platform standards, methods and procedures.
- Encourage collaboration within your team, with system architects and with teams using all platforms.
- Hold regular synchronization meetings and the Scrum of Scrums for the program and for synchronization with the other platforms.
- Help manage risks and dependencies by conducting an analysis of risks, impacts and related strategies with a view to managing the risk level of the application and technological component.
- Ensure platform availability, stability and security.
- Contribute to the innovation cycle.
- Foster continuous improvement through inspection and adaptation workshops.
Responsibilities – Team Leader
- Develop the talents of people on your team. Jointly define and evaluate development plan progress.
- Foster close relationships with your team. Provide ongoing feedback.
- Take charge of your team’s performance evaluations.
- Be responsible for all HR activities in support of your team.
- Participate in hiring activities for the various roles required.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Knowledge of new technologies and new development and management practices
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Directs work, Engagement, Resilient
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)