(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11IT Foundations and Cloud Services comprises over 250 individuals specializing in software development, testing, Agile project management, product management, software architecture and platform administration. We design and deliver IT solutions in Agile mode and are responsible for the organization’s central and highly critical platforms. We work in mission-critical 24/7 environments with the discipline and practices that such work entails (automated testing, continuous non-regression, proactive alerts, stress and intrusion testing, etc.). From design to development and end-to-end maintenance of solutions used across Desjardins Group, our activities are highly visible and at the core of all the organization’s strategic projects. Our large team uses DevOps squads to deliver services in keeping with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and is a leader at Desjardins in implementing and using such practices.As Team Leader, you will support the manager of your unit by helping to lead the members of a work team. You will coordinate planned activities, action plans or projects related to your unit. You will provide support and coaching to a team consisting mainly of seasoned professionals, assign them mandates and activities, and carry out regular follow-up on the progress of work and projects. You will promote talent development and engagement by creating a positive and motivating work environment in which you recognize the participation and contribution of every team member in achieving the organization’s objectives. The nature of the files will require in-depth and extensive expertise in your field.You will assume functional authority over the work team and manage the individual performance of resources. You will make recommendations on the development and delivery of files or projects with a very high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be required to interact with a very large number of stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise.More specifically, as Release Train Engineer, you will assist the teams in delivering business values, act as facilitator in organizing events and ceremonies related to your SAFe train, communicate and follow up on the objectives involved, escalate risks, interdependencies and important train indicators. You will therefore guide the team toward continuous improvement and growth.
- Facilitate communication between the teams, governance and various partners.
- Help the team deliver value.
- Communicate with various RTEs/project managers for other programs and projects.
- Escalate and follow up on obstacles encountered.
- Assist with risk management.
- Foster continuous improvement among the teams.
- Clearly communicate delivery dates.
- Assist in the follow-up of capacity and accelerator progress.
- Assist in financial decision making.
- Help align the vision.
- Guide the teams toward solid continuous improvement and other DevOps practices.
- Facilitate demonstrations of business value delivery.
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members.
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization's practices.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, developing employee skills, and managing the budget.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience working in Agile mode (an asset)
- Experience in team management (an asset)
- Experience in delivering large-scale projects
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency with new technologies
- Knowledge of new development and management practices
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Develops talent, Directs work, Drive results, Tech savvy, Work processes
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)