(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As Team Leader, you will assist your unit manager by providing management support for a team of 15 to 20 employees (developers, architects, platform operators and quality assurance analysts). You coordinate your unit’s activities, action plans and initiatives. You coach and guide a team composed primarily of highly experienced professionals, assign tasks and activities, and regularly monitor progress. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive, motivating work environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field. You have functional authority over the team and manage individual performance. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields.You develop business positions and lead and influence senior management and decision-making bodies
More specifically, you will be part of the Development and Operations, IT Foundations Department, which operates within a scaled Agile framework (SAFe) and in DEV/OPS mode and is responsible for several of the organization’s high-criticality platforms. You will work in a mission-critical 24/7 environment with the discipline that such work entails (automated testing, continuous non-regression, proactive alerts, stress and intrusion testing, etc.). The team supports and further develops the following technology: CA API Gateway (Layer7), TIBCO (AMX Service Grid and BusinessWorks).
- Target, develop and recommend strategic orientations and business positioning.
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members.
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization’s practices.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills, without acting as the decision maker or managing the budget.
As a release train engineer (SAFe RTE), your daily responsibilities will entail:
- Facilitating communication between the teams, governance and various partners
- Helping the team deliver value
- Communicating with various RTEs/project managers for other programs and projects
- Escalating and following up on obstacles encountered
- Assisting in risk management
- Fostering continuous improvement among the teams
- Clearly communicating delivery dates
- Assisting in the follow-up of progress to capacities and accelerators
- Assisting in economic decision making
- Helping to align the vision
- Guiding the teams toward solid continuous improvement and other DEV/OPS practices
- Facilitating demonstrations of business value delivery
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or in a related field
- At least 8 years of relevant IT experience
- Supervisory and team management experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of concepts related to SOA services, WebAPI and security (an asset)
- Knowledge of Agile, SAFe (an asset)
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Accountability, Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Develops talent, Directs work, Drive results, Engagement, Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)