(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As Team Leader, Data Sector Unit, you ensure the operational management of a work team dedicated to the sound and optimal use of the data under your sector's responsibility.In support of Desjardins Group’s strategic orientations and, more specifically, Desjardins Group data governance, you play a leadership role for your team and a facilitator role for stakeholders in the business sectors and associated support functions. As such, you are responsible for defining and implementing your sector's data management processes, allowing optimal and secure use of data for the benefit of members and clients, in adherence with compliance rules, privacy, and confidentiality and security policies.
- Assist data producers and users in your sector in better understanding how to get the most out of data for the benefit of members and clients.
- Coordinate the identification of your sector's data-related needs and opportunities in order to help define strategic orientations for governance and data leveraging.
- Manage a team of advisors specialized in data governance and quality.
- Operate the data governance group for your sector and ensure alignment with the cross-sector group.
- Take charge of activities related to data governance, policies, frameworks and priorities for your sector.
- Assist your sector's stewards in analyzing risks and potential gaps between the expectations of data frameworks and their operational practices; develop and implement the necessary mechanisms to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate, monitor, measure and communicate the evolution of data and practice compliance in your sector with applicable frameworks.
- Monitor the evolution of the data architecture in your sector and help manage its roadmap.
- Oversee the governance of applications associated with your data operational unit.
- Support your sector's data governance projects and initiatives.
- Manage individual and team performance in support of the implementation and operationalization of the data governance function across Desjardins Group.
- Promote Desjardins Group's cooperative values.
- Represent the organization.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 2
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistics, finance or in a related field
- At least eight years of relevant experience, including at least six years of data-related experience
- At least three years of experience in a leadership role
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced knowledge of data and analytical tools and their application in business
- Good knowledge of the banking, wealth and insurance sectors
- Knowledge of the frameworks, policies, and internal and external rules governing the management, use and sharing of data
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Develops talent, Directs work, Drive results, Engagement, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)