(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As Team Leader, Digital Integrated Systems, your role is to coach and support a group of professionals who contribute to accessibility needs and standardize the user experience for our members and clients across Desjardins Group’s digital platforms.Reporting to the Manager, Design System and Digital Optimization, you support the latter as an expert by providing management support for your team of professionals consisting of UX and UI designers, web development technical experts and accessibility specialists.You work to socialize and achieve the target vision of a design system by ensuring the consistency and accessibility of the interfaces developed for the organization’s digital platforms. As such, you develop business positioning and take on a leadership and influencer role when interacting with senior management and decision-making bodies.In your role, you help solve complex problems. This requires close analysis and an in-depth understanding of the line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with people across the organization. Highly developed interpersonal skills are required in this role.
In addition, the following might be of interest to you:
- Our downtown location
- Our dynamic and multidisciplinary team
- Our flexible working hours and teleworking
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Target, develop and recommend strategic orientations and business positioning.
- Ensure the consistency of experiences and interfaces in the digital platforms.
- Support multidisciplinary squads in implementing accessible digital projects.
- Participate in defining the vision, orientations and objectives of the team and management.
- Foster a user-centric, data-driven culture within your team.
- Assume functional authority over your team (coaching, coordination, operational supervision, etc.).
- Support the team’s business plan by managing individual performance.
- Develop delivery performance indicators and tracking reports within your team.
- Help develop strategies and/or action plans for team member training and/or professional development.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills, without acting as the decision-maker or managing the budget.
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization’s practices.
- Monitor and disseminate best practices.
Other working conditions
- In the current COVID-19 business context, Desjardins Group has adjusted the employment contexts of some of its activities in order to protect employees and ensure business continuity. For the job in this posting, you will work from home. However, due to the uncertainty of the current situation, the conditions of employment for this job may change from teleworking to working at the office.
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 4 years of experience in web/mobile application design and 2 years of experience in team management
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (an asset)
- Experience working with concepts in Design Thinking, Lean UX, etc.
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Work experience in a large organization
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Understanding and ability to present a vision and guidelines to large groups of people (10+) and decision-makers in the organization.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to accessibility issues: regulatory criteria (LAPHO, E-20.1) and digital standards (WCAG)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Complexity, Decision quality, Develops talent, Directs work, Engagement, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)