(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11The IT and Access Service Request Department is responsible for delivering IT services on site or remotely, and managing access across Desjardins Group.As Team Leader, you will assist your unit’s manager by handling support for management of a team of 18 professionals (identity and access management advisors and analysts). You will coordinate planned activities, action plans or projects related to your unit. You will provide support and coaching to a team consisting mainly of seasoned professionals, assign them mandates and activities, and carry out regular follow-up on the progress of work and projects. You will promote talent development and engagement by creating a positive and motivating work environment in which you recognize the participation and contribution of every team member in achieving the organization’s objectives. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your field.You will assume functional authority over the work team and manage the individual performance of resources. You will formulate recommendations relative to the development and delivery of files or projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be called upon to interact with a very large number of stakeholders in a variety of fields of expertise.You will develop business positioning and take on a leadership and influencer role when interacting with senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Target, develop and recommend strategic orientations and business positioning.
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members.
- Help resolve complaints and problems forwarded to your attention in accordance with company practices.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills, without acting as the decision-maker or managing the budget.
- Manage a team of 18 identity and access management professionals.
- Provide coaching.
- Attend various committees and working groups.
Other working conditions
- Travel: The selected candidate will be required to travel to Lévis about once a month.
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field
- At least eight years of information technology experience
- At least two years of experience in functional supervision, team management
- Experience in identity and access management (an asset)
- Security experience (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- CISSP certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Decision quality, Develops talent, Directs work, Engagement, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset, Tech savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)