(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As team leader, you support team management. You coordinate your unit’s activities, action plans and initiatives. You coach and guide a team composed primarily of experienced professionals, assign tasks and activities, and regularly monitor progress. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive, motivating work environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.You have functional authority over the team and manage individual performance. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields.You advise and lead decision-making bodies.
More specifically, the team leader, insurance brokerage is responsible for the administrative activities of Desjardins Independent Network Insurance (DINI), which acts as general agent for independent networks.
- Identify, develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions
- Help determine your unit’s service offer and ensure your projects and activities are planned and executed
- Meet targets on time and on budget and manage results, performance, quality and client/partner satisfaction
- Develop training and skills development strategies and action plans for team members
- Help resolve complaints and problems in accordance with the organization’s practices
- Play a non-decision-making role in hiring, performance management, discipline, and skills development. Manage the budget.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Customer Focus, Develops talent, Directs work
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)