(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11Part of the systems operating team, Integrated IT Service Management is a dynamic and creative team that supports, maintains, develops, updates and upgrades the various management tools that make up the ITSM suite, which had been owned by HP and is now part of Microfocus (SM,OO,AM, uCMDB, etc.). We are in the midst of completely transforming our processes, with plans to automate and work differently. Each day is another opportunity to help our clients prevent or mitigate the impact of a service malfunction or breakdown as well as deliver high-quality and long-lasting solutions.We are seeking a Team Leader who is motivated, engaged and comfortable with the idea of working in a constantly changing environment, who will help us continuously maintain uninterrupted service of the highest quality by supporting the team as it carries out its daily responsibilities. As Team Leader within the Integrated IT Service Management Department, you will lead a team of approximately 20 professionals working on different services. You will coordinate planned activities, action plans or projects related to your unit. You will provide support and coaching to a team consisting mainly of seasoned professionals, assign them mandates and activities, and carry out regular follow-up on the progress of work and projects. You will promote talent development and engagement by creating a positive and motivating work environment in which you recognize the participation and contribution of every team member in achieving the organization’s objectives. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your field.You will assume functional authority over the work team and manage the individual performance of resources. You will formulate recommendations relative to the development and delivery of files or projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be called upon to interact with a very large number of stakeholders in a variety of fields of expertise.You will develop business positioning and take on a leadership and influencer role when interacting with senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Target, develop and recommend strategic orientations and business positioning.
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members.
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization’s practices.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills, without acting as the decision maker or managing the budget.
- Plan, estimate, deliver, monitor and implement testing.
- Manage stakeholders.
Other working conditions
- Travel: Once per month in Lévis
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Information Technology or a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience in information technology, including three years in operational supervision, team management
- Possess experience working on the applications side
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Develops talent, Directs work, Drive results, Engagement, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Networks, Teams
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)