(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As team leader, you will be responsible for a multidisciplinary team comprised of middleware system administrators and IT service managers. You will be responsible for the professional development of your team in the shift to DevOps. You will manage middleware delivery for Desjardins Group projects and interact with several stakeholders from other IT sectors. Your responsibilities will also include managing the portfolio of web environments dedicated to development.
- Assume functional authority over your team (coaching, coordination, operational supervision, etc.).
- Manage the performance of individual resources in support of the team’s business plan.
- Participate in defining the unit’s service offering, and ensure the implementation of the team’s activities and the realization of projects under your responsibility.
- Assign mandates and requests for your team’s contribution and ensure they are completed.
- Participate in the development of strategies and/or action plans related to training and/or skills upgrades for team members.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills.
- Develop performance indicators and monitoring methods and make recommendations to the unit manager.
- Help to resolve reported complaints and problems in accordance with company practices.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least eight years of relevant experience, including two years in a team coordination role
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of middleware systems
- Familiarity with Agile and SAFe methodologies
- Familiarity with banking systems (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Develops talent, Directs work, Engagement
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)