(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11IT Foundations and Cloud Services comprises over 250 individuals specializing in software development, testing, Agile project management, product management, software architecture and platform administration. We design and deliver IT solutions in Agile mode and are responsible for the organization’s central and highly critical platforms. As part of its digital strategy, Desjardins is transforming the development services the cloud platform and continuous delivery department offers to product squads to include a platform as a service (PaaS) with Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology, a container as a service (CaaS) platform with Kubernetes technology, tools and a continuous delivery practice. We are seeking new people to help us meet the growing demand for our services. If you’re passionate about cloud technologies (such as Azure, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and microservices) and want to supervise a team of professionals, this position is for you!As team leader, you support team management. You coordinate your unit’s activities, action plans and initiatives. You coach and guide a team composed primarily of highly experienced professionals, assign tasks and activities, and regularly monitor progress. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive, motivating work environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You have functional authority over the team and manage individual performance. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields.You develop business positions and lead and influence senior management and decision-making bodies.
Main Responsibilities as team leader
- Help define your unit’s service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that established objectives are achieved within the stipulated timeframes and with the allocated resources, and manage results, performance, quality and the satisfaction of dedicated clients and partners.
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members.
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization's practices.
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, developing employee skills, and managing the budget.
Responsibilities as a Release Train Engineer (RTE SAFe)
- Facilitate communication between the teams, governance and various partners
- Help the team deliver value
- Communicate with various RTEs/project managers for other programs and projects
- Escalate and follow up on obstacles encountered
- Assist with risk management
- Foster continuous improvement among the teams
- Clearly communicate delivery dates
- Assist in the follow-up of capacity and accelerator progress
- Assist in financial decision making
- Help align the vision
- Guide the teams toward solid continuous improvement and other DevOps practices
- Facilitate demonstrations of business value delivery
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of a relevant experience
- Experience in delivering large-scale projects
- Experience with Agile (an asset)
- Experience managing a team (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of PaaS/CaaS cloud computing platforms
- Proficiency with new technologies.
- Knowledge of new development and management practices
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Directs work, Engagement, Tech savvy
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)