(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08Caisse Desjardins du Cœur-de-l’Île serves a vibrant urban market with exceptional potential for development. It boasts $1.9 million in assets and offers a full range of financial products and services. It exercises an innovative management philosophy centred on skills development, and encourages employees to get involved in the issues surrounding its activities. It has 175 employees spread over five service centres. Building long-term business relationships with over 69,000 members and remaining attentive to their needs are the caisse’s top priorities.
More specifically, you will report to the Director, Risk Management. You will coordinate a team comprised of Sales Support Agents (L3-L4), an Administrative Agent (L5) and Management Support Agents (L6).
- Act as compliance supervisor (CS) for the distribution of investment products.
- Carry out certain supervisory controls. Serve as an interface between the caisse and the relevant Desjardins components.
- Carry out administrative and management support activities in accordance with prescribed timelines and quality standards (e.g., report processing, supplier payments, expense accounting, payroll management).
- Ensure quality service delivery as well as the satisfaction of members and clients (internal and external). Monitor performance indicators and support the director in identifying and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure the implementation of activities related to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).
- Support the director on specific initiatives concerning operational risk, notably the business continuity plan and information security.
- Support management with regard to processing certain strategic activities: dividends, incentive plan, payroll, year-end file, and with respect to managing the caisse’s property portfolio.
- Follow up with the Lead, Property Maintenance, Build-out and Security to manage the various requests.
- Keep abreast of new developments and deployments in your field of expertise, help disseminate information and provide support to those affected by the change.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a related field
- At least two years of experience in sales support and/or personal financial advisory services
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Mutual fund representative certification
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of products and services distributed by the caisse, subsidiaries and the competition
- Knowledge of security measures, the legal framework and internal control
- Knowledge of the legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- General knowledge of standards and practices of personal financing and credit management
- Knowledge of Desjardins business processes (e.g., business plan, sales and internal control)
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services; knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics as they relate to caisse operations
- Understanding of the philosophy and operations of a financial services cooperative
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and Desjardins network
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- General knowledge of property management (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity
Caisse Desjardins du Cœur-de-l’Île
Member/client sales and service (FG)