(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a team leader in strategy and credit risk systems, you support your senior manager in managing and coordinating a team of seasoned credit risk strategy professionals. You develop and improve on risk strategies related to personal credit products and credit cards for Desjardins Group. You also integrate strategies into systems and contribute directly to large-scale projects aimed at improving platforms.You are responsible for coordinating and engaging the team around a common vision, assigning projects and ensuring they are carried out while generating value for our members and clients and for the organization. You support talent development and employee engagement by creating a positive and motivating work environment where everyone's contribution is valued. You manage the individual performances of employees and support them in developing their soft skills and expertise.You must interact with a very large number of stakeholders working in different fields of expertise. You develop business positions and lead and influence senior management and decision-making bodies.
Are you innovative and looking to join a dynamic team?
Want to have a direct impact on Desjardins members and clients?
Are you a natural leader with the drive to coach a high-performing team?
- Lead a team of professionals responsible for developing and ensuring the performance and consistency of credit risk strategies (credit granting, portfolio management and collections) for personal credit portfolios and credit cards
- Implement a set of strategies to continually test new approaches and ensure ongoing monitoring of their results
- Interact with product managers, operational teams and coaches to identify the best strategies to support business objectives
- Develop and maintain system strategies
- Develop a work environment that fosters innovation and experimentation
- Represent senior management and the division for various large-scale projects
- Help define your unit's service offering and ensure the implementation and execution of activities and projects for which you are responsible
- Meet targets on time and on budget and manage results, performance, quality and client/partner satisfaction
- Develop strategies and action plans related to training and upskilling of team members
- Help resolve complaints and dissatisfactions forwarded to you, in accordance with the organization's practices
- Participate in hiring, managing performance, determining and applying disciplinary measures, and developing employee skills, without acting as the decision maker or managing the budget
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of a relevant experience
- Experience in an Agile environment
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that a knowledge of French is required.
- Extensive knowledge of credit risk management
- Sound knowledge of behavioural modelling
- Knowledge of SAS, R and Python programming languages (an asset)
- Knowledge of Probe, Origination Manager and Triad systems (an asset)
- Intermediate spoken and written English skills
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Develops talent, Differences, Directs work, Engagement, Nimble learning
450, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal
Management support and expertise support (FG)