(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-02As a teller, you serve members and customers who require assistance with monetary and convenience transactions. You advise and assist members and customers in selecting and using automation solutions, and provide them with general information on Desjardins Group's service offer.
Caisse Desjardins du Centre-Est de Montreal is located in Eastern Montreal. It has nearly 200 employees across 7 service centres. Our mission: “Contribute to the socio-economic development of our members and clients by offering personalized business solutions and putting our cooperative difference to work for them.”
The Caisse is committed to building and growing lasting business relationships with its over 78,000 members and potential clients. It has an estimated $2.57 billion in assets and over $5,19 billion in total business volume. In order to offer personalized advisory services, Caisse Desjardins du Centre-Est de Montréal has 3 specialized teams that focus on different stages of members’ professional and financial lives: Entrepreneurs and business professionals, Early working years and active mid-life, Pre-retirement and Retirement. These are composed of agents and dynamic and passionate advisers for whom taking charge of the customer is a priority. With its flexible hours, the Caisse du Centre-Est de Montréal promotes work-life balance and cares about the well-being of all its employees.
- Carry out monetary and convenience transactions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals, Desjardins access cards, bill payments and bill management, account information and changes, personalized cheque orders, plans, direct deposits and withdrawals, certified cheques, drafts and money orders, automatic transfers, account statements). Verify and record supporting documents required to carry out transactions. As needed, process round-the-clock and ATM deposit envelopes.
- Advise and assist members in selecting and optimizing their use of various available tools, fostering autonomy and promoting automation (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, as well as additional channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Listen to members' and customers' needs in order to ensure their full satisfaction and identify sales opportunities, and, when appropriate, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Contribute to sales growth by taking part in various solicitation and referral activities.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 5
- High school diploma
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all counter and convenience products and services
- Knowledge of all Desjardins products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by business centres, components, distribution networks/channels and as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of integrating data into systems
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal controls
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to convenience products and services and automated and assisted transactions
- Knowledge of service standards
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins du Centre-est de Montréal
CAISSE DU CENTRE-EST DE LA MÉTROPOLE (T: 30261)
Member/client sales and service (FG)